Monday, June 22, 2009

Hiking the Y


Since we've lived in Provo we have wanted to hike up to the Y together.  I have hesitated, however, because I am not in the best shape for a steep uphill hike.  Last week we finally decided to do it.  Brian had already hiked it once in the last 2 months so he knew what to expect.  He told me it was uphill the entire time, but I didn't realize how true that was.  We had barely started the hike and it was already so steep my shins were starting to hurt.  After 50 minutes and a few stops to catch my breath, we made it to the top.  It was great to know that I was able to do it.  Brian assures me that it will be much easier next time.  Our (my) goal is to beat 50 minutes.

1 comment:

cobra1955 said...

You are becoming so outdoorsy. Keep up the activity. I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend at Kenny's. Love ya, Dad