Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween etc.

This week we decided to get into the Halloween spirit by carving a pumpkin for Family Home Evening on Monday. I cut it open and then Brian gutted and cut it while I took pictures. It actually ended up looking pretty cool. Unfortunately, as the week progressed the pumpkin started caving in. By the time Halloween came, our pumpkin had completely caved in, so we didn't put it out.:( It was kind of a bummer.










On Thursday I had another "adventure" as I tried to decide on a costume for school. I went and wandered the costume aisle in Walmart and got the idea of a leopard. I went to the fabric department and bought faux animal fur. I spent the rest of the night trying to put it together. It ended up working alright. I just don't have too much creativity when it comes to costumes.




2 comments:

Ami said...

Haha! Your pumpkin looks great, and I really love your leopard spots! :o) Cute.

Susan said...

Love the costume. A black cat is always my back up costume, black clothes a headband with ears, whiskers drawn on with a eye liner and a sock tail out the back. The boys love it. I love how cute your leopard turned out, I don't want to show them because this may be their new request. LOL!
So sorry the pumpkin didn't make it. I always thought it was just AZ that did it to the pumpkins they never last long at all.