Saturday, August 11, 2012

4 Year Anniversary!

We just celebrated our 4th anniversary last week. Time is a funny thing. In some ways it feels like we have been together much longer, but in others, it's hard to believe it's already been 4 years. We celebrated this wonderful occasion by going on a mini trip. My parents were great enough to come and stay over with Brinley so Brian and I could go. We spent the day at Lagoon, an amusement park, that I hadn't been to in many years. We had fun, but I think it was one of the hottest days this summer. One moment that I found particularly funny was when we were on the ferris wheel.  While at the top, overlooking the park, a teenaged girl from the pod next to us asked us if we were together. We answered that we've been married 4 years. I guess since were weren't holding hands or kissing, she needed to check. To cool off we went to the water park in the amusement park. After nearly burning the bottoms of our feet off on the hot cement, we make it from our chairs to the slides. It was pretty fun going down the tubes. It definitely helped to cool us off. After getting dressed again, we went on a few more roller coasters before calling it a day.  We stayed in a hotel, so as soon as we got there we crashed on the bed in the cool air conditioned room until we had enough energy to get ready for dinner. We ate at Texas Roadhouse and enjoyed their ribs and potatoes. In many ways this anniversary was reminiscent of our first, spent in Cincinnati doing many of the same things. It was wonderful to be able to get away, just the two of us. It was our first time leaving Brinley overnight, but she did great! She didn't cry and she even took all of her naps and went right to bed. It was a very successful and much needed anniversary trip! I look forward to many more to come.

No comments: