Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Final Countdown


December is finally here! I have been waiting for December for about 9 months. With it comes Christmas and all of the beautiful decorations, including our own Christmas tree, which we set up last week.
We made it through Thanksgiving. I spent it with my family in Idaho and Brian spent it in Texas with his family for our nephew's baptism. It was hard being apart for the holiday, but I think we both had fun spending time with our families. The most frustrating part about the break was driving to Idaho in a car that decided it didn't want to spray wiper fluid anymore. This made visibility very difficult with everyone spraying my with the salty snow residue as they passed me. I had to stop at about every exit to clean off my windshield so I could see.
Now back to December, I only have 2 weeks and 1.5 days of school left before my maternity leave and Christmas break. Brian only has 4 more days of class and then dreadful finals. We will both be very happy when this semester is over. We only have about 3 more weeks until my due date. I'm really hoping she comes about a week early so she will be here before Christmas and i can enjoy staying home with her for an extra week or so before I go back to work.
We can't wait for her arrival. She has clean clothes and blankets just waiting for her. I think we have everything ready, we just need her.
baby belly at abt. 37 weeks

4 comments:

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

you look great kelli. i hope everything goes well for you. and congrats!

The Plaisted's said...

You look so cute! I hope she comes early for you as well. What a great Christmas present.

The Plaisted's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cobra1955 said...

Can't wait to see the baby. Mom is sooooo excited to be a grandma for the first time. Take care and see you soon!!