Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bear Lake

Brian was able to get 5 days off so we went to Idaho for our vacation. We spent a few days at my parents and a few days in Bear Lake at my Uncle Lynn's cabin. Friday afternoon we took Brinley for a quick swim in the lake to get her acclimated. It was a little cold, but she got over it and enjoyed it. We spent most of the day on Saturday either in my uncle's boat, or on the beach. Brinley loved every minute of it. We took her on a boat ride across the lake and she was asleep within 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it. She never falls asleep like that. She did the same thing on the boat ride back across at the end of the day. She woke up when Brian started wake boarding. It was so cute seeing her watch him. She wouldn't take her eyes off of him.Then when he would get up on the board she would clap, without any prompting. Also, I summoned up the courage to go tubing with Brian. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate deep water, especially when I can't see the bottom. We were both on the same tube and it was pretty fun. I only had him take us over a couple wakes because I didn't want to fall off.
Once we made it to the beach, where my parents,Weston, Kirstie, and Dylan were waiting; the real fun began. The beach was perfect for Brinley. It had "tide" pools of warm, shallow water that she loved. She even got brave and walked into the waves until they were up to her chest. The only time she wasn't playing in the water was when we took her out to eat or reapply sunscreen (Something we all should have done more of.) The only people who weren't burned were the two babies. My back got burned where the sunscreen missed, and Brian's feet and legs got fried. Despite the burns, we had a great time. Thank you Lynn and Lu!














I had to include this picture because I couldn't believe how badly his feet burned and swelled up. The soap he used to get his feet in the wake boarding boots washed off the sunscreen so you can see exactly where they were.

No comments: