Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last day of school


Well, since the last post, I have finished school. The last day was on Friday the 28th. As is tradition, that day was spent mostly at the dance festival. This is where each grade level has made up and learned a dance that they perform for the school and parents on the last day. Our 2nd graders did a great job, even though someone unplugged the sound system halfway through their performance and they had to start over. After the dance we went back to class so I could hand out their class assignments for next year before their parents took them home. This scene was a lot different from last year. Last year they got their assignments and mostly just left without saying good-bye, those lovely 5th graders. This year, all of my students wanted a picture with me and then they each gave me a hug goodbye. I even had one girl, who frequently gives me problems, give me a big hug and was in tears because she didn't want to leave. It was surprising to me because I felt like most of the time she didn't like me very much. Overall I'd say this year was a lot better than last, as you can tell just from the differences in the last day. I really grew to love my students this year and am sad to see them go.

1 comment:

jessica said...

That's because you're the BEST teacher EVER! And all your kids know it. Yey! School's out for the summer!